Outdoor Education and Experiential Learning programs for Schools & Colleges
EKO approaches outdoor education holistically by exploring practical ways of integrating it with schooling. We believe that this journey can be undertaken effectively by working closely with institution authorities, teaching community and parents.
This quest may involve short as well as long term work, and manifests in the form of outdoor education programmes of varying duration and diverse formats. EKO also has had a very successful experience with customised programmes conducted for college faculty and students. EKO’s Shantanu Pandit works as a consultant with Hanifl Centre for Outdoor Education of Woodstock School, Mussoorie.
- Your valuable thoughts, knowledge and motivation helped me a lot to apply for this job. I follow some people and you are one of them for sure. I probably never mentioned this to you but your thoughts are so inspiring to me. I am glad that I could see your work very closely. I still remember the program that two of us did in Gujarat. I learned so many things on that program along with LCIT students. Rather those thoughts brought huge change in me and I started looking at my life very differently. I can’t express how many changes that program brought into me. I am not good in expressing myself. But for sure I will come back to work with you in future.
- Ajinkya Kanetkar, Adventure Assistant Manager, ‘Adventure HQ’, Dubai, UAE
- I have changed the way I teach in my class. It has had positive effects. Students actually told me that they like to attend my classes. My classes now have full attendance.
- There are changes that are not only apparent to us who attended the programme but also noticed by those who did not attend. They come and tell us what they notice.
- My personal life has improved. I used to consider myself 'old' in my mid-thirties. That programme was a revelation in terms of my capacity. I now get up early, go the gym and stay incredibly energetic throughout the day.
- I experimented with a class on communication when I took my students out of the class. Not only were they overjoyed but the class was much more effective.
- Hi Shantanu,
My talk on outdoor leadership took place this Sunday and it was quite successful. I got great feedback from everyone. I wanted to thank you personally for all the guidance you provided me. Without it, this was not possible. Thank you once more for all the help you provided me.
Please check out this youtube video of my talk.
- Ashay Bandivadekar, Masters student at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, U.S.A.